WHAT IS IAQ?
According to the EPA, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) refers to “the air quality within and around buildings and structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants. Understanding and controlling common pollutants indoors can help reduce your risk of indoor health concerns. Health effects from indoor air pollutants may be experienced soon after exposure or, possibly, years later.”
Basically, IAQ is a measure of how healthy the air is in your home. The healthier the air in your home – the healthier you will feel!
WHAT CAUSES POOR INDOOR AIR QUALITY?
There are many sources of air pollution inside the home. According to the EPA, these include:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Tobacco products
- Building materials and furnishings as diverse as:
- Deteriorated asbestos-containing insulation
- Newly installed flooring, upholstery or carpet
- Cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products
- Products for household cleaning, home maintenance, personal care, or hobbies
- Central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices
- Excess moisture
- Outdoor sources such as:
- Radon, Pesticides, Outdoor Air Pollution
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE POOR IAQ?
Poor indoor air quality can have both immediate and long-term effects on a person’s health.
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Asthma symptoms
- Other respiratory disorders
As a proud dealer of PremierOne™ products, Men @ Work offers solutions for all your indoor air quality problems. Made in the USA, the PremierOne™ line of products is tested and backed by powerful warranties. Contact us so we can find an IAQ solution for your home!
Let us be your trusted HVAC partner.
We will keep your heating & cooling system in tip-top shape.